Flat feet, or “fallen arches”, are a deformity in which the arch of the foot is lowered or depressed.
Flat Feet could cause pain and long standing problems with tendons and joints and therefore require treatment.
Causes of Flat Feet
- Genetic predisposition
- Musculoskeletal disorders
What can a patient do?
- Wear footwear with proper support
- Ice and rest the feet
- Decrease activity
What can a podiatrist do for you?
- Examine the area
- Perform the necessary tests
- Suggest shoe changes, and prescribe custom made arch supports, depending upon the severity
- If necessary, perform surgery